Dec 31, 2009
Dec 28, 2009
finally! the movie i looked forward to for sooo long this year released on 25th this month n i got around seeing it only yesterday with my sis in tow..again, i am not going to review this one..it is just one of those things i simply feel like talking about..and i might as well warn you in advance that i'll come across as very biased, after all this movie has aamir khan (for those who don't know me, i actually find it quite difficult to be objective as far as aamir khan n rahul dravid are concerned..am one of their loyal fans since the time they started out in their respective careers! :-)..and no my bias is not just to do with aamir.. i love movies which are full of wit n also make you ponder a bit ;-)
i read it somewhere that aamir would like everyone to watch this movie (nothing new!)..the reason i would also like everyone to watch this movie is not so that it makes more money for the people concerned, it is because it deserves to be seen by everyone in our country; and not just the youth but more so the elders! the noteworthy message in the film ought to reach everyone pronto..both the writers rajkumar hirani & abhijat joshi have taken efforts to come up with a story full of optimism, affable characters n dialogues which the audiences instantly connect with (like they did in Munnabhai series)..it ‘not-so-seriously’ talks about our ‘not-so-sound’ education system which encourages - rote learning, ranking system and appeasing society’s notions of ‘success’ n ‘promising careers’!
‘aal ij well’ works for me as much as ‘jaadu ki jhappi’ did few years back..3 idiots is a typical hirani style of cinema (reminds me of hrishikesh mukherjee at times) all the way with ample support from ALL its actors esp. aamir (can’t imagine the flick without him he absolutely steals the show as rancho..after tare zameen par, this is an effortless performance once again..i’d watched ghajini only for its unique storyline n aamir factor but i still prefer memento anyday!) and of course sharman joshi n maddy (i love him since his banegi apni baat days) n omi vaidya (he’s just too good as chaturlingam)!
few other things i loved about the movie : :
- i want to watch it again to savour it some more!
- cinematography esp. the aerial scenes shot over manali, shimla n ladakh…WOW is the word! am still dreaming about those places..
- simple, effective lyrics by swanand kirkire (esp. ‘give me some sunshine’) n melodious compositions by shantanu moitra
- all throughout the movie i found myself wishing for a friend like rancho in my growing-up years..well, it’s never too late to follow dreams with or without rancho :-)
- it’s definitely worth being a part of my list of memorable movies released this year along with Dev D and a FEW others!
ooooh am toooo pleased as punch to write much! :-) :-) :-)
Dec 26, 2009
Dec 17, 2009
- you're not at all embarrassed after playing words like 'sex' or 'genitalia' if they're high-scoring
- you have dreams about getting super bingos
- you look up all the two- and three-letter words in your spare time
- you have a certain attachment to the words that gave you high scores
- you think about strategies during school/work.
- you try to figure out what the highest-scoring possible bingo could be
- finding a new Z or Q word in a book excites you
- you get a rush when you suddenly spot a place to put both your Q and Z
- you spend your Friday nights playing multiple games of Scrabble online
- you talk to your opponents online more than you talk to your real-life friends
- you try to figure out what your opponent is like based on what words he/she puts down
- you have a certain hatred of Vs, especially at the end of a game
- you get extremely angry when someone takes the spot you were planning to put a super bingo on
- you sometimes play against those perverts trying to get dates because you know they'll let you win if you talk to them
- you talk about scrabble to your real-life friends way too much
- you know most Z, X, J, and Q words
Dec 16, 2009
Dec 14, 2009
can’t help wondering aloud, if i’d be allowed to keep the title of this post ‘blank’..i seriously can't think of any appropriate title at the moment & since that's exactly how am feeling too right now – ‘blank' that is, surely you'd believe me!
i did something this noon which i'd wanted to do for a long time now..am i supposed to feel ‘lighter’ cos’ am done with it? so maybe am feeling ‘lighter’ too along with ‘blank’..but frankly speaking, am ‘heavier’ with emotion as well cos' whatever i did today left me feeling totally ‘empty’ inside out!
as far as i can remember, the emotional graph in my life has never been static..it’s always moved to every possible point making my life very ‘interesting’, ‘exciting’ n ‘fulfilling’ to quote a few friends n close friends! only difference this time around being that for past 4 months, it has majorly remained a plummeting curve at any given point of time..i’ve experienced a plethora of emotions esp. over last 6 weeks whether it was impatience, anxiety, ignorance, disappointment, agony, concern, frustration, boredom, madness, caution, disgust, shock, misery, shame, confusion, loneliness, isolation, depression, pressure, self-destruction, distraction, stress, wariness, self-doubt, guilt, fear, sadness, indifference, jumpiness, irritation, panic, tiredness, discomfort, worthlessness, …
YES, i admit i’ve been awfully full of negativity for a long while now and am sure not proud of it cos that’s so ‘unlike’ me! i need to put a full stop to it! and quick!! every passing day am walking this extremely thin line between insanity n some more insanity!!! so tommorrow when i wake up, this is how i wanna feel for all the beautiful days to come ahead of me – good, great, energetic, eager, delighted, cheerful, assured, excited, capable, certain, positive, relaxed, grateful, courageous, secure, stable, happy, interested, confident, inspired, comfortable, sexy, determined, charmed, enthusiastic, proud, empathetic, fascinated, glamorous, hopeful, humorous, loved n loving, playful, at peace, thrilled, sensous!
“once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen!” said Ralph Waldo Emerson..so here i am, looking forward to an absolutely thrilling ride on my very own emotional rollercoaster!!
Dec 9, 2009
Dec 7, 2009
Dec 6, 2009
for once, i’d want to give a ‘jumbo’ hug to our authorities ('Central Zoo Authority' to be precise!) for finally taking the decision (a couple of weeks back) to end the misery of the chained tuskers in all the circuses and zoos in India, and transport them to national parks/sanctuaries. much credit goes to PETA actually for all their groundwork and persistent efforts. all the animals live in absolutely appalling conditions and treated insensitively in captivity! i genuinely hope that enough care will be taken in helping them to adapt to the new surroundings as they’ll be completely on their own in the wild. i also can’t help but worry about the 4-leggeds for the dangers (read: poaching for ivory!) posed by the 2-leggeds!
i am very very fond of these 'gentle giants' since childhood! they are the most cutest, absolutely adorable creatures on this planet as far as am concerned :) :)
hehe...some fun facts about them ::
- their trunks can get very heavy! it ain't uncommon to see elephants resting them over a tusk!
- they cry, play, have incredible memories, and laugh!
- they are sensitive animals where if a baby complains, the entire family will rumble and go over to touch and caress it!
- elephants have greeting ceremonies when a friend that has been away for some time returns to the group!
- they also grieve at a loss of a stillborn baby, a family member, and in many cases other elephants!
- elephants don't drink with their trunks, but use them as "tools" to drink with. This is accomplished by filling the trunk with water and then using it as a hose to pour it into the elephant's mouth!
- interestingly, the Asian elephant is more closely related to the extinct mammoth than to the African elephant!
- as much as 80 percent of what elephants consume is returned to the soil as barely digested highly fertile manure!
- they have a poor hearing, despite having such large ears!
- they spend about 16 hours a day eating!
- elephant is the only mammal that can't jump. It surely have made the Earth shiver if it were able to jump!
- an interesting fact about the tusk, elephants are right and left tusked. the dominant tusk is a little shorter and rounded as against the other tusk!
- they're known to take great care of the bones of their dead family members!
- did you know an adult elephant poops 80 pounds a day???
- it is believed that an elephant can smell water from a distance of three miles!
and now, i can smell my dinner! ;)